Yes, you read that right. A Nutella Bacon Burger. If you think chocolate is only for after dinner, then think again.
Give this sweet and savoury masterpiece by BloodFeast a try this #WorldNutellaDay and let us know your thoughts.
- 500g ground beef
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-2 sweet onions
- ½ tablespoon of butter
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ cup nutella
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- ⅛ cup almond flour (optional for binding)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 brioche buns
- Peel and slice your onions. Heat a pan over medium heat, then add the butter and olive oil to the pan, making sure every inch of the pan is well-lubed. Once the butter starts sizzling, but not burning, toss in the onions. Mix them around so they are evenly coated in the butter/oil, then turn down the heat a bit and let them start to brown. Make sure to add a little bit of butter if needed so the onions don’t stick and burn.
- At the same time you do your onions, start cooking the bacon (under grill or in a pan).
- Prepare the meat. Combine beef with seasonings, egg, and almond flour in a bowl. Form four plump meatballs with your hands. Heat your pan over medium heat. Add a tiny bit of olive oil to grease the pan. Once skillet is warm, place your meatballs in the pan then flatten them with a spatula and quickly flip. Generously season this side of the meat with your sea salt. Cook burgers until desired doneness, topping with your cheddar close to the end, letting it melt sensually.
- Toast your buns and assemble the burger. Heat the ½ cup of Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds. Generously drizzle over the bacon and finally top with the caramelised onions.
- Enjoy but be sure to keep your bowl of Nutella within arms reach. You will find yourself wanting to smother more into your burger as you go.