Our Meat Box 5 is packed full meal options for the whole family. We have collated a selection of recipes to help you make the most of this popular box.
Spaghetti with Meatballs and Cherry Tomatoes (delicious.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 pork sausages, casings removed, meat rolled into 2cm balls, chilled for 10 minutes
- 600g good-quality tomato pasta sauce
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat and cook the meatballs, turning, for 3-4 minutes until browned all over.
- Add the pasta sauce and cherry tomatoes to the frypan, then season. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and season to taste. Serve the spaghetti and meatballs topped with basil and parmesan.
Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta (Good Housekeeping)
- 340g linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 110g low-fat cream cheese, cubed, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan
- 1/4 c. flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook linguine per package directions, adding peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking liquid, then drain pasta and peas.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large deep skillet on medium-high. Season chicken with kosher salt and pepper and cook until golden brown on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to skillet and cook, scraping up any browned bits. Add cream cheese and stir until melted; remove from heat.
- Fold in lemon zest and Parmesan, then parsley. Toss with pasta (adding reserved cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time as necessary). Serve immediately.
Sausage Rolls with Mascarpone Mash (delicious.)
- 1 tbs fennel seeds, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 finely chopped, 1 whole, peeled
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Massel Beef Style Liquid Stock or Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 20g fresh breadcrumbs
- 10 pork sausages, casings removed
- 2 tbs sundried tomato pesto
- 2 x 375g packets Careme All Butter Puff Pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 600g pontiac potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 100g mascarpone
- 60g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup (100g) grated parmesan
- Caramelised onions, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Using a mortar and pestle, pound fennel seeds until coarsely ground.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and ground fennel seeds, and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add carrot and chopped garlic, then pour in stock. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes or until evaporated. Remove from heat and stir though parsley, breadcrumbs, sausage meat and pesto. Season. Cool completely.
- Place pastry on a work surface and cut each widthways into 2 equal pieces. Divide one-quarter sausage mixture along the long edge of each piece. Fold pastry over filling, brush edge with a little egg and overlap slightly to seal, trim excess. Repeat with the remaining pastry and sausage mixture to make 4 long rolls. Cut each into 6 rolls to make 24 sausage rolls. Place on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Brush with egg and scatter with fennel seeds. Bake for 25 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, place potato and whole garlic clove in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain, then mash. Beat through mascarpone, butter and parmesan until creamy. Season. Serve immediately with sausage rolls and caramelised onion.
Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry (Good Housekeeping)
- 1 cup rice
- 1 onion
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 scallions
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cook 1 cup rice per package directions.
- Chop 2 bell peppers and 1 onion. Cut 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. Thinly slice 2 scallions. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet on medium. Add the peppers and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss the chicken with 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Add another tablespoon oil to same skillet and cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon Sriracha, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil. Finely chop 2 cloves garlic and a 1-inch piece fresh ginger, and add to bowl.
- Return the vegetables to pan. Then add in the sauce and 1/3 cup water; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and the sliced scallions. Serve over rice.