It looks like we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel 🥳 which means it's time to start that health kick 💪
Check out these High Protein and Healthy recipes that you can make with our meat boxes!
Surf 'n Turf Foil Packs (delish)
Ingredients (for one)
- 1 Sirloin Steak, cut into pieces
- 1 Tiger Prawn kebab skewer
- 2 pieces of corn
- a handful of tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, cut into slices
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Preheat grill over high heat. Prepare your foil to be about 12 inches long.
- Put steak, prawns, corn, tomatoes, red onion, lime wedges, and garlic in foil pack. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Old Bay, fresh thyme, cumin, and black pepper.
- Fold the foil packets crosswise over the mixture to completely cover the food. Roll the top and bottom edges to seal them closed.
- Place foil packet on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Garnish with parsley and serve with lime wedges.
Baked Orange Chicken (delish)
(Credit: Ethan Calabrese)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 500g chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cup cooked jasmine rice
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced spring onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 170°c and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Set up a dredging station with one bowl of flour, one of eggs, and one of panko. Dredge the chicken in flour, then coat in eggs and cover in panko. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until no longer pink, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine orange juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Whisk until combined and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and toss in orange sauce.
- Serve over rice with orange zest, sesame seeds, and spring onions.
Greek Chicken Kebabs (Cooking Classy)
(Credit: Cooking Classy)
- 500g chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 large red peppers, cut into pieces
- 3 small courgettes
- 1 large red onion
In a bowl whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, 2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, the thyme, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste (I used 3/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper).
Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag, pour olive oil mixture over chicken and press chicken into marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate 45 minutes to 2 hours (no longer than 2 hours or the chicken will start to get mealy because of the acidic ingredients). If using wooden skewers soak them in water for 30 minutes.
Drizzle and toss veggies with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil (I just left them on the cutting board and tossed them) and season with remaining 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp basil and salt to taste.
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Thread a red bell pepper, red onion, zucchini, 2 chicken pieces on to skewer and repeat twice.
Thai Coconut Lime Grilled Steak (Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
(Credit: Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 500g steak (of your choosing)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk coconut milk, coconut sugar, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Place skirt steak into a 1 gallon resealable bag. Pour marinade over the steak. Press out air and seal bag shut. Refrigerate the steak 4 to 12 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Drain steak and discard marinade. Pat steaks dry and sprinkle with salt. Oil grill rack and immediately place steaks on the grill.
- Cook 2 minutes and turn a quarter turn to create hash mark. Continue cooking 30 to 90 seconds more on first side. Flip steaks over and continue cooking 2 ½ to 5 minutes on the second side to desired doneness, 5 to 8 minutes total depending on thickness of the steaks.
- Let steaks rest on carving board at least 4 minutes before cutting lengthwise across the grain.
Chinese Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe (Cookin Canuck)
(Credit: Cookin' Canuck)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 500g sirloin steak trimmed of fat, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 medium scallions cut into 1-inch pieces; white & greens separated
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
In a shallow glass container, whisk together the cornstarch 2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, rice wine and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil.
Sprinkle the salt over the steak. Add the steak to the marinade, turn to coat, and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until bright green and tender-crisp, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Drain and immediately rinse with cold water to stop the broccoli from cooking further.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil and half of the steak. Cook 30 seconds on each side, without stirring as it’s cooking. Transfer to a plate and repeat with another 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil and the rest of the steak.
Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil and add the white parts of the scallions, garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds.
Add the broccoli, brown sugar, remaining 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
Add the beef and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the scallion greens.
Serve over brown rice.