Hearty meals to warm the cockles of your heart, as the colder months draw closer.
Garlic Rosemary Pork Chops (Delish)
The perfect pork chops. Don't believe me? give them a go.
- 4 pork loin chops
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 110 g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 190°C. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together rosemary, garlic and butter. Then set to one side.
- In an oven safe skillet, heat olive over medium-high heat and then add the pork chops. Cook until golden, roughly 4 minutes, flip and repeat on the other side. Brush the pork chops generously with garlic butter.
- Place skillet in oven and cook until cooked through, roughly 10-12 minutes. Serve with more garlic butter and side dish of your choosing.
Bacon & Egg Fried Rice (Olive)
Craving a mid-week Chinese take away but watching the waistline and the wallet? Try this quick and easy substitute that is packed with flavour.
- Streaky bacon 6 rashers, sliced
- Oil for frying
- Ginger a small chunk, peeled and chopped
- Garlic 1 clove, crushed
- Red chilli 1, finely chopped
- Steamed basmati rice 250g pouch
- Frozen peas 75g, defrosted
- Eggs 2, beaten with 1tsp sesame oil
- Chives a handful of chopped
- Soy sauce
- Heat a wok or frying pan. Cook the bacon in a splash of oil until it is crisp. Scoop out of the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving as much fat behind as possible.
- Add the ginger, chilli and garlic to the pan and fry. Then add the rice, peas and bacon.
- Keep cooking and stirring until the rice is piping hot.
- Pour over the eggs then stir until the eggs are set. Stir in the chives with a dash of soy sauce and serve.
Sizzling Tandoori Lamb Chops (Olive)
Tandoori spiced lamb chops with a fresh and vibrant chopped kachumber salad.
- Garlic paste 2 tsp
- Ginger paste 2 tsp
- Greek yogurt 100g, plus extra to serve
- Paprika 1 tbsp
- Ground cumin 1 tbsp
- Garam masala 2 tsp
- Mild chilli powder 1 tsp
- Lemon 1, juiced
- Lamb chops 6
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Roti or naan to serve
- Tomatoes 2 ripe, chopped
- Cucumber ½, chopped
- Onion ½, finely chopped
- Green chilli 1, deseeded and finely chopped
- Coriander ½ a small bunch, chopped
- Mix the ginger and garlic pastes, spices, yogurt and lemon juice with a little seasoning in a bowl until fully combined. Add the lamb chops and mix well, then cover for 4 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the chops from the fridge 30 minutes before you're ready to cook. Mix together all the ingredients for the kachumber salad.
- Heat a BBQ or griddle pan to hot. Scrape off the marinade from the lamb chops and season. Grill the chops for 1-2 minutes each side until charred. Rest on a plate for 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing, the kachumber, roti or naan and a little seasoned yoghurt.