Looking to try another meat box? Well here are some mouthwatering recipe ideas from Meat Box 2.
Leftover Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese (Dad With a Pan)
- 2 cups shell pasta
- 3 cups whole milk 1 cup separated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups cheese
- 3 burger patties chopped into 1 inch pieces
In a pan over medium heat bring elbow macaroni, 2 cups milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to a boil, stirring occasionally; about 7-10 minutes until almost all of the milk is gone
Stir in cheese and another cup of milk, bringing to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower to a simmer after 5 minutes.
Stir in leftover cheeseburger and let simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the burger is heated up.stirring occasionally. Enjoy!
Spiced Steak Kebabs with Mint Yoghurt Sauce (The Defined Dish)
FOR THE KEBABS
- 3-4 Sirloin Steaks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional/or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp. red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds/stem removed and cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds/stem removed and cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 8-10 wooden skewers
FOR THE YOGURT SAUCE
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tbsp. freshly chopped mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp.)
- Warm pitta bread
- Extra mint leaves
- Cut steak into 1.5 inch cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Add vinegar, cumin, olive oil, coriander, salt, pepper and cayenne into the bowl and toss.
- Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the yoghurt sauce ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and put in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Soak wooden skewers for 10 minutes. Once soaked, thread the meat, onion, and bell peppers onto the skewer.
- Heat grill on medium-high heat and grill skewers until meat is cooked. Roughly 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Remove from grill and let rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm pitta, the mint yoghurt sauce and extra mint for garnish.
Chettinad Chicken Fry (Olive)
- 3-4 chicken fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Ginger coarsely grated to make 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder or mild chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2cm cinnamon stick
- 2 dried mild red chillies
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Rotis or parathas to serve
- Put the chicken in a large bowl along with the ginger, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Use a pestle and mortar to lightly bash the fennel seeds, cinnamon, dried chillies and peppercorns, and set aside.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the mustard seeds and, when they begin to pop, fry for 10 seconds. Add the crushed spices and fry for a minute. Add the curry leaves and, as they splutter, add the onion. Fry for 7-8 minutes, stirring often. Add the marinated chicken and turn the heat up slightly, frying for 4 minutes. Season with a little salt.
- Lower the heat, cover and cook the chicken for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add the tomatoes and continue cooking uncovered for 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle over the coriander and serve with rotis or parathas.
Sausages with Mustard and Cider Gravy (Olive)
- 400g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 25g butter
- Generous splash of whole milk
- Olive oil
- 6 pork sausages
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 300ml dry cider
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Put the potatoes into a pan with cold water. Bring to a simmer, add salt and cook until tender. Drain then tip back into the pan and put on a lid. Leave for a few minutes to steam-dry, then mash. Put the butter and milk into the pan, and season. Reheat to serve.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a medium frying pan. Cook the sausages. Take out of the pan then add the onion and a generous pinch of salt, and cook, stirring, for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the flour, cooking for a couple of minutes until the flour disappears.
- Sporadically, add the cider, stirring, then add the chicken stock. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then add back the sausages and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the mustard and simmer for 2 minutes. Reheat the mash and serve with the sausages and gravy.