Along with our new website, we will be uploading weekly #LainfordRecipes to help our customers make the most of their meat. First up is this 'Chicken Tikka Burrito' recipe.
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Spicy Pilau Rice 250g pouch
- Small handful cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 4 roti, warmed
- ½ a small bunch coriander, finely chopped, keep stalks
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into small sized pieces
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp chilli powder
1. Using a blender, mixing together the green chilli, lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 the yoghurt and coriander stalks. Once smooth, tip into a bowl and add the spices, chicken and seasoning. Mixing well. Marinate for half an hour and then divide the chicken into 4 metal skewers. Make sure to leave gaps between each piece.
2. Preheat your grill, line a baking tray with tin foil. Grill your skewers for 4-5 minutes on the baking tray until the meat is cooked.
3. Whilst the chicken is cooking, mix the onion and cherry tomatoes with a squeeze of lemon and some seasoning.
4. Using a bowl, mix the remaining yoghurt with the coriander leaves and and another squeeze of lemon. Add water if needed.
5. Cook your rice and divide between the four roti's. Add the tomatoes, chicken and onion to the roti's. Finish off with coriander and yoghurt. Wrap, serve and enjoy.